Search

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Women versus women?

 


At my workplace. As usual. 


I just sent a response to one mailing list I join, #sastra-pembebasan#, about my favorite topic, "WOMEN". 😃


One often-asked question is "Why do women sometimes consider other women as rivals? Competitors?"


I remember in the past i asked myself such a question too, and couldn't figure out the answer.


After I read a lot of books and articles based on feminist perspective, I found the answer. This male-dominated alias patriarchal society created it. 


Women are "conditioned" to compete with other women to get men's attention. Successful women are women who can attract men's attention; successful women are woman who are wanted by men, who are married to men. So? They've got to compete other women; they've got to be selfish and think about themselves only if they want to be the winner.

No comments: