Search

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday, June 8, 2006

 


I write here to express myself, to share what I think with other people, to share my anxiety with other people.


Before finding this blog technology, I only expressed myself to people around me--my friends, workmates, including students, and family members. I did it orally, by our daily chat, or in the classroom while I had discussion with my students. 


Recently, especially after continuing my study to American Studies Master's Degree, I somewhat become what people consider as an "idealist" person, I have started to try to change the world. Firstly, to 'brainwash' my students, and people around me. After knowing this blog technology, of course I want to widen my audience.


And here I am ...


Although I got many supportive and encouraging comments in my http://afemaleguest.blog.co.uk for my posts, for my ideas, in this blogspot, well, I got contradictory comments. There are three possible reasons.


First, perhaps what people say about me is right--I have been westernized--so that it won't be difficult for those western people to understand my way of thinking.


Second, my writing is not exhaustive yet to explain my ideas, my way of thinking, so that people cannot see and understand the 'core' of what I mean to express. 


Third, I am not successful to open their mind to view problems from different perspective. Perhaps coz my writing is not convincing yet; but also perhaps coz they don't want to open their mind; and stick to their old principle.


Well, again, I want to quote Emerson's saying; the most favorite quote of mine from him.
"THE FOOLISH CONSISTENCY IS THE HOBGOBLIN OF LITTLE MINDS"
Being consistent in one thing foolishly shows our narrow-mindedness

No comments: