Search

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wednesday, June 21, 2006


 

At the office. All alone.


I don't really enjoy this office of mine actually coz the AC doesn't work well. It is still hot here. :( However, I cannot escape to another place. I am different from my workmate, AS, who comfortably escapes herself to another office of another department. My own problem: I only feel at ease with my workmates in my department, English Department. Other teachers from other departments usually view us, teachers of English Department weirdly. Well, as old proverb says, "Tak kenal maka tak sayang..." LOL. I consider them weird; and they view me and my workmates the same. LOL. So? Yeah ... the result is I still stay in this hot office located on the tenth floor!


While writing this, I am reading a play entitled "Lysistrata" by Aristophanes, a classic play. Well, before leaving for Malang, Julie included this play in the syllabus. And since I just continue her, I must follow her syllabus. Anyway, I feel challenged to read this play. I am always challenged to read a new thing. LOL.


Btw, this morning, I just helped my workmate in my other workplace to proctor a placement test in one vocation school in my hometown. There were eight teachers altogether there, including me and A, a female workmate of mine. 


A and I used to be close. We used to confide in to each other about our problems. However, I observed that since she got married around 2 years ago, she has not done that anymore. Well, people change everywhere, right? Perhaps she has found a real soul mate in her husband? And, since she no longer confides in me, I don't confide in her either. 


However, suddenly yesterday she talked a lot to me again. This morning she did it again too. Perhaps coz before this we were very busy with our own activities so that we don't talk a lot? Maybe.


I always have all ears of mine for her. and have discussion. Moreover, I see now that she is trying to understand my feministic perspective. Love to help her know more about this ideology. 


Oh well, I cannot write a lot here at the moment. I have to continue reading the play. I remember once I kidded my student, one big difference between students and teachers is that teachers read one night earlier than the students do. LOL. Well, it works well in my workplace. I am sure in other colleges the situation is not as bad as this. Perhaps even worse? LOL. Oh no, of course, I am just kidding.


No comments: