Search

Friday, September 22, 2006

Paper Examination 3

 

Officially, I have finished examining the students for their final assignment. From eight students I examined for three days--September 18, 19, 20, 2006--two students failed in their comprehensive tests. I forgot to tell you that in the final examination there are two kinds of tests the students have to face; first comprehensive test; and second the paper examination itself. It means those two students haven't got their paper examination yet coz they didn't pass the compre test.

However, my workmates and I were quite generous, LOL, coz we didn't directly fail them. We gave them the second chance to have the exam in this final examination season this semester. And this morning, I had an appointment to retest those two students.

The first student, she still didn't answer my questions satisfactorily. :( I was very sad, that's for sure. The other two examiners also said the same thing. My friend, M, as her first paper consultant even complained to me to see this particular student's passivity to prepare herself for the examination. M also complained about her lacking of struggle to write a better paper, using a very illogical (for me) reason, "I am already married, Ma'am. What do you expect from a married woman? I just want to finish the study soon." Of course it made me very unhappy to hear that. :((

The second student could answer my questions quite satisfactorily. I also could see her struggle to prepare herself for this second chance. However, when coming to her paper examination, I was very disappointed. I already could see that her paper far from being good--not to mention perfect. Since she was in my classes several times, I already knew her capability. Therefore, I wasn't shocked when reading her disorganized paper. She passed the comprehensive test, but not the paper exam. It means she has to take the exam again next semester. And so does the first student.

FBS UA 13.15 220906

No comments: