Search

Friday, September 22, 2006

My Student

I just finished examining a student She is under my consultation, and for her research, she used HARRY POTTER serial novels, using READER RESPONSE THEORY. And for your information, in my workplace, she is the first student who used this theory (ketinggalan kereta, huh? LOL.)

Giving consultation to students doing researches for their skripsi is always exciting for me. And knowing that this student was willing to do any suggestion I gave her, I became more enthusiastic to offer help, such as to distribute questionnaires online (she is a bit internet illiterate LOL), to some mailing lists I join; to spend much time to discuss things with her, etc. She sometimes a bit complained how fussy I was to her (I could see that LOL).

But today, she got the good fruit of it. She passed satisfactorily. She got an A. Wow, as the first advisor, I was happy too.

It reminded me of my own thesis examination last December 23, 2005. I saw my two advisor's faces so radiant when the main examiner said, "Well, Ms. Nana, from our discussion, you passed the examination with A." Both pak Bakdi and bu Ida must have been very happy and satisfied too at that time, not only me. :)

For those who have helped answering questionnaires, on behalf of that student of mine, I thank you so much.

FBS UA 180906

No comments: