Search

Monday, May 15, 2006

What is this life for?

 


Recently I often ask myself what this life is for; why God created all this universe is for; whether there will be really a life after death.


I just try to put myself in the shoes of those people who happen to be born in an area where they don't know any kind of indoctrination that all this universe was created by the SUPER POWER called God, that God send God's messengers to this world for the betterment of the human beings; that men are superior to women; that after all this universe vanishes, there will be another dimension of life, where people have to be responsible for whatever they have done during their life in the world; for that people will go to two different places; namely heaven and hell.


If I had been born in such a place where there is not authority called 'government' that oblige what people must do--such as pay taxes; people must get married in order to be responsible to their mate and kids; so it's a kind of force, and people don't feel responsible coz they make a choice in their life, what would I have become?


If I had been born in a place where people don't believe in any spiritual thing called religion--any celestial religion--what would I have become?


It reminds me of what John Lennon said in his song "Imagine"

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
 
Life is indeed mysterious, isn't it? Well, at least, for me, yes. :)

No comments: