Search

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Angie

Angie is my daughter, in her middle of teens.
She has been feeling not well since a week ago. Last Saturday evening, I took her to a doctor. According to the result of her blood test, she was suffering from typhus. Guess what? Just last end of March she was suffering the same disease too!!! Well, she is too ignorant of her own health? Or am I too busy with my own activities and I always consider her as a young adult, who can take care of herself? Hmmm ...
One funny thing is when she has to consume medicine. I remember when she was a little, probably the first time she could recognize that she had to consume medicine coz she didn't feel well. She seemed so worried to consume the medicine. I encouraged her, "Drink this medicine, darling. This is very good for your health. After drinking this medicine, hopefully you will be recovered soon."
She asked me, "How about the taste, Mama?"
I answered, "The taste is just okay, darling. No problem with it as long as you are recovered. Right?"
When she consumed it, I saw her face show disbelief look to me, about "The taste is okay, darling." I interpreted her look, "Why did you say that the taste is okay, Mama? For me the taste is terrible!!!" LOL. But she didn't complain. "Mama is always right!" perhaps that was what she had in her mind. LOL.
Recently, in her mid teens, I still sometimes see the same look on her, when she has to consume medicine. She tries to "enjoy" the bitter taste of the medicine. When I told her what happened when she was a little, she looked at me annoyedly, but she knew that I was right, so that she would consume that medicine. LOL.
Now I will be going home, to where my lovely star is waiting for me, to have dinner together with her, and accompany her to drink her medicine. :)

No comments: