Search

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday, July 26, 2006


 

I am at the office. My watch shows 13.40 at the moment.


I don't have any teaching schedule today. Well, the main thing why I go to my workplace is, of course, I get paid to go to the office. LOL. As to my knowing, perhaps I am wrong, other universities don't oblige their lecturers to come to the office everyday. There are three main duties done by a lecturer. The first, is, teaching. Second, doing scientific researches. Third, dedicating to public. As long as we do those three main duties, coming to the office everyday is no longer important. However, in my workplace, I assume, that it is not really important to do those three duties. The main point is coming to the office everyday. Whether you come to class when there is a teaching schedule or not is not really important. Sounds ridiculous, do you think? :)


I really don't mind coming to the office everyday, though. The main reason is that I am lucky enough to live not far from my workplace. My dwelling place is located around 2 kms from the office, only around 5 minutes by motorcycle. Yup, I go to the office, and also to other places, by motorcycle. Cars are very luxurious for me coz I cannot afford to buy one yet. LOL.


Fortunately some students want to see me for having consultation for their papers today. I promised them to come at 11.00. I have done my job. 


Ah yeah, another main reason why I really don't mind going to the office is that I can access internet for free, though sometimes the access is very slow. (Going online for free? Means slow here. LOL.) I always feel that I need to check my mailboxes and blogs everyday, to read some messages I get in my mailboxes and comments on my blogs. The fact that the CPU at the office is full of virused and it often breaks my floppy disk makes me go to the cyber cafe once in a while, or sometimes daily, LOL, when I want to send emails to friends or to post new writings in my blogs. I often write for my blogs using the computer at home, to save time. :) However, this time, I have some spare time to directly type in this blog of mine. :) Besides, the topic is not that difficult, just talk about my daily activity.


Aha it reminds me of one chat I had with someone close to me, more than a year ago. When I told him that I write a diary, he sounded surprised knowing that. When I asked him whether he also wrote diary, he said he didn't. "I don't know what to write," that was his reason. LOL. I responded, "Well, it's easy to write diary. Just write my daily experience, my daily thought, and also my daily feeling." He continued, "Do you write about us too?" LOL. Well ... the story about this chat ended here. LOL. 


I have been trying to open my mailboxes for some time. However, the access seems broken. I don't know whether it is caused by the slow access of the server of the internet in my workplace, or coz of the access of yahoo is disrupted. Instead, I opened this blog, and then write something here. Oh well, once a student criticized me, "You don't write Ma'am. You type." LOL. 


Right now I want to reply an email I get from a new friend of mine, coming from Senegal. She "found" me from my blog at http://afemaleguest.blog.co.uk 


Ciao.

No comments: