Search

Monday, July 31, 2006

My Last Weekend

 


Last Saturday I went to my workplace around 10-12. I didn’t do a lot of things there. The internet was not accessible so I just continued reading the book that recently is always in my bag—KAJIAN BUDAYA FEMINIS by Aquarini Priyatna. I also scribbled some pages in my “portable diary”. 


After leaving the workplace, I dropped by at a restaurant to have lunch by myself. I enjoyed my meal while reading some pages of the book—KBF. But then, I put it aside and started to look around. In front of me, there were a man and a woman having lunch together. Next to me were a family of four—two daughters and the parents. My attention was to the couple in front of me again. They didn’t look intimate; however, they quite enjoyed the chat between them. 


Once in a while I continued reading the book and scribbling in my diary. 


10 minutes before 2pm, I went to my other workplace. I had a class from 2-4pm. 


After teaching, I planned to drop by at a cyber café. So addicted am I to this internet technology that I sometimes feel like to be about to meet my soul mate when going online. LOL. I was a bit nervous, and expecting to find surprising messages or comments in my blogs. LOL. 


I didn’t get new comments in my blogs. However, from the statistics, my blog had been viewed by 30 people on that day. Hmm … it made me feel like that I am quite a popular blogger. LOL. Sometimes, I find my page viewed more than a hundred times a day. Wow … I have got some loyal readers, huh? LOL. 


I was not in a good mood to view my friends’ post though at that time, so I didn’t read any post. I read some messages I got from some mailing lists I join. I also got a personal email from one good friend staying in the US now to pursue her Master’s degree. She just arrived there for some weeks and she told me that she was suffering from cultural shock now. I was very sorry to hear that, but still I thought that she was very lucky to get that scholarship. 


At 6pm I already felt uncomfortable. Angie must have been waiting for me. I lingered for some more minutes to read more messages from the mailing lists. 


Arriving home, Angie was watching television. When finding that I was just back from the cyber café, she complained. However, when I offered to take her to the cyber café, she refused. Then, I offered her to buy some ice cream in the nearest supermarket. She agreed.
We went there by wearing our shorts and t-shirt. After not wearing shorts for some years to go shopping (I wear shorts only to go swimming or doing aerobics in the fitness center), in fact, I want to wear shorts again. LOL. 


The supermarket was very crowded. After we bought two ice cream cones, Angie and I went to the third floor, just to take a look to the people around. On the third floor, there are some facilities provided for children to play games. Ah, it reminded me of Angie’s time when she was under seven years old; I once in a while took her to such game center and saw her enjoy driving the toy car, riding the toy motorcycle or the toy train, enjoying herself jumping in a “pool” full of balls, etc. 


After that, I offered Angie to have dinner in the food court there, and she agreed. As usual, one thing I always enjoy while we eat out is that Angie’s telling me her experience at school. Seeing her bright-eyed while talking to me and enjoying her meal will always be my favorite time. 


At 8.30pm we went downstairs to do some shopping. We arrived home around 09.30pm


PT56 20.40 300706

No comments: