Search

Monday, June 19, 2023

SOOTHING PLACES

 


In the social media next door, a friend wrote about her love to visit forests. Since most forests are located in mountainous areas, she loves going to mountains; not to climb the peak, but the experience of being under many trees for a long time.

 

I think I am with her. When I go to some waterfalls, let's say, one thing I enjoy the most is walking under big trees. I also love to smell the air, sometimes with its both wet and dry leaves. I love to listen to the sound of cicadas, far away from the noise of the hubbub of big cities. It is heavenly.

 

Meanwhile …

 



When visiting vihara Dhamma Sundara last 11 June 2023, I also felt so peaceful. That reminded me of some of my first bikepacking experiences with Ranz: I wanted to visit some Hindu/Buddha/Chinese temples. And Ranz was always nice: following what I wanted. :)

 

Whenever I am in such places, I feel like I am back to my mother's womb.

 

That's why I often feel curious if in my previous life, I used to be a monk. And I was very intrigued by one character Ayu Utami created in her novel: Lalita Vistara. She felt the same thing as me, she even knew the exact time of her previous life: when Borobudur temple was built!

 

MS48 19.28 19.06.23

 

No comments: