Search

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Name Someone ...


A few days ago, in one class of mine, we discussed the use of 'should have + past participle' and 'would have + past participle'. After I explained how to use those phrases and asked my students to do some exercises, we came to the last exercise. Some questions were there to answer. One of them was, "name someone in the history you would have wanted to meet". Some names were mentioned, from Leonardo Da Vinci until President Sukarno.


Two students caught my attention with their answers so much till I would burst into tears. The first was Freddie Mercury. My emotion was really up and down on that day after I heard news of some people died, and since morning I kept listening to Queen's song entitled "No one but you (only the good die young). And since I tried hard to keep my emotion, I didn't ask the particular student the reason why she chose Freddie.

Freddie's appearance in his final video, he was seriously ill already
heartbreaking indeed :(

The second student mentioned the name of Lady Diana a.k.a Princess of Wales. Her answer out of the blue reminded me of one day in 1997 when I heard the news from television. I was so shocked at that time, almost didn't believe that such an angel died at a young age. :(



Anyway, I could control my emotion on that day. But I didn't ask the two students the reasons why. I took it for granted that perhaps they had the same reason with me.

Perhaps.

PT56 23.31 16Feb2019

No comments: