Search

Friday, April 01, 2011

Curcol alias curhat colongan ...

Starting the last term of academic year of 2010/2011 in my working place – which starts today until the promotion test next June – I got a new teaching schedule. There are the positive as well as (not really) positive things:

•    (positive thing) I get less ‘slots’ to teach per week, from 31 slots to be only 28 slots. Besides, I will focus more on the subject that correspond to my background: English and English Literature

•    (not really positive thing)I have to lose two subjects that so far have contributed some ideas to write for blogs: Religious Studies Class of grade 11 and History of grade 7.

For those who follow my writings on notes (FB) or blogs (MP or blogspot) must have recognized my big interest in spirituality. That’s why teaching ‘religious studies’ subject interested me a lot; moreover I got that one special student who admitted that he was agnostic. I very rarely find someone like that in my surrounding so it is understandable if I always have interesting stuff to discuss with him. (How very unprofessional of me because using my own personal reason to have one subject.)

History is also a very challenging as well as as interesting subject since by learning (reading) history books, we will find lotsa answers of the whys and the hows of things that have happened recently. I usually emphasize this thing to my students. After that, after thinking about those events/phenomena deeply, we hopefully can anticipate the negative impacts of things that probably will happen in the future.

But, yeah ... although as a teacher, I am the ‘master’ of the classroom, I cannot really choose what subjects to have/teach. Hiks ... pablebuat???

GL7 10.36 280311

No comments: