Search

Friday, April 01, 2011

Religious Studies Class

With a little effort, eventually the religious studies class was returned to me. 

First of all, I checked who was supposed to be handling the class, plus the schedule, what time and what day. I am not available at that time actually, but I can switch it to my free time, on the same day. With consequence of course, I will have to teach one more slot a week. But you can guess I don't mind at all.

Second, I talked to the one who made the schedule. She seemed a bit curious why I wanted to make myself busier. That's why she asked me to explain. Simply I said I liked the class because from the material I downloaded from here I have to cover five different religions. Based on my experience at school, students only got the material of their respective religion. This made students not familiar with other religions. The case would be worse if they got teachers who fell hostile to other religions; moreover if they were of opinions that their religion was the only one that was 'legal' plus the 'right' one and underestimate others. In practice, the worst one, we would perhaps find people kill other people in the name of their God.

She seemed surprised to find someone saying like that around her -- she is a Canadian -- and asked me more about my religious experience.

After telling me her experience that made her fully believe the existence of a Deist -- with whatever name -- a somewhat 'gruesome' experience that led her to one far away country in Africa in the beginning of 1990s,  she said, "the class is yours, Nana."

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee ...

PT56 20.39 300311

No comments: