Search

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Music Lover

 


Listening Music at Home or Going to a Music Concert?


Are you a music lover?


Perhaps I can be categorized into the one who doesn’t really love music since I very rarely go to a music concert. (In case one requirement to be considered as a music lover is also love going to a music concert.)


When I was studying at bachelor’s degree (the time when my dad gave me pocket money for one month fully and I managed it by myself), I more often spent my spare money to buy books than cassette as far as I remember. I had one radio complete with tape recorder at that time. I could listen to the radio for various kinds of music, right? That was enough for me so that I didn’t really need to buy many cassettes. However, I was of opinion that for people who were really freak for music, they would spend much money for cassettes, (no CDs yet at that time), or to buy a good quality radio/tape recorder so that they could listen to really good music.


When I was studying at master’s degree at the first time. I had no radio, nor a computer yet. So, how did I entertain myself while hiding in my “nest” doing abundant assignments from campus? I sometimes just enjoyed listening to some music my “neighbors” staying next door of my room played in their radio/tape recorder. Or, yeah, sometimes I just sang some songs, and listened to my own voice. It was not about being narcissist of my voice, LOL, (because I was not really confident with my own voice), but just to avoid boredom, being all alone, “buried” under my assignments, no entertainment at all. 


When I got some money to do research for my thesis, I used it to buy a computer set. A very generous workmate lent me lots of his CDs that happily I grabbed into the harddisk. It was the time when my life started to be full of music everyday. But, still I didn’t spend much money for that because I just borrowed my friends’ CDs. 😁


I just bought two CDs after that, Bryan Adams and Shania Twain’s. (Thrifty or stingy? LOL.) You know, as a bookworm, I spent more money to buy books.


Different from my Abang, he really loves music and doesn’t mind spending money for good CDs, etc. Knowing I love music too (I am a bit pessimistic if there is someone who doesn’t like music anyway), he sent me some CDs, on which he made very special ones, containing his favorite songs since he wanted to share them with me. He said, “You will not find these CDs anywhere else in the world although you are willing to spend much money for them because these were especially made for some special people for me.” To make those special CDs, he spent days and nights in the middle of his hectic schedule.


Not enough sending me those CDs, Abang also sent me MP4 player, hoping that I would always be able to access music anywhere I go. As I wrote in the blog around three weeks ago, he also sent me special earphones that produce amazing sound from the player. It was all because he loves music and he wanted me to enjoy the best music as he does!!!


I am wondering if he loves going to a music concert?


But I know he loves karaoke and feel confident with his voice. I love singing, without any karaoke equipment, but only for myself, or for lullaby when Angie was about to sleep when she was very little. 


PT56 22.25 260607

No comments: