Search

Monday, April 22, 2024

Is there still sex in the city?

 


Eventually I finished reading this book, after being away from facebook for quite some time. Apparently, my 'busy activities' through facebook has halted my reading 'ritual'. Should I leave facebook for good? In order that I read more books that I have bought? Lol.

 

I bought this novel on November 26, 2023 in an event called 'big bad wolf'. As far as I know, this kinda event is held in different cities -- in Indonesia -- every year. Semarangers were quite lucky because BBW was held in Semarang in 2023. I like reading books as well as buying or collecting books. However, I am not so crazy that I would do anything to attend BBW when it is held out of town.

 

(In 2019, I accompanied Angie and her friends plus my sister and her friends to go to Jogja. There were 2 important events at that time, Art Jog and BBW. I managed to order train tickets from Semarang to Solo then to Jogja as well as booked hotel rooms for all of us because Ranz and I often do these two things. However, Ranz and I were not that attracted to visit those 2 events. We just accompanied them to go to Jogja. Upon arriving there, both of us didn't go to Art Jog, nor to BBW, lol. I wrote about this trip in this link.)

 


When attending BBW held in Semarang last November 2023 (I accompanied Angie), I didn't expect to find any interesting book that would make me spend money to buy, lol. It was really a coincidence that I 'found' this book. Besides buying this book, I also bought a book entitled BREATHE written by Joyce Carol Oates. When I was in American Studies, my classmates and I discussed one short story by Oates entitled 'Where are you going? Where have you been?'

 

 

Honestly, the blurb in the back cover of Bushnell's book attracted me very much, lol. But of course this was not the main reason why I bought this book. The fact that I am an acclaimed fan of Sex and the City serials is the main reason, lol. I remember around a decade ago, Ranz told me that she read an article that a serials similar to SATC would be made; the difference was that SATC was about single gals around thirtysomething in NY looking for soul mates, while the new serials would be about single gals around fiftysomething. When reading IS THERE STILL SEX AND THE CITY I realized this was what Ranz said a decade ago.

 


 

Now that I have finished reading this autobiographical novel by Bushnell, will I read BREATHE after this? Haha … In fact I am no longer a bookworm, I have to admit. I bring books anywhere I go not to read them when I have spare time. Books are good photo property, you know, for someone who claims to love reading books while in fact I don't read as many books as before, lol.

 

MS48 13.34 22/04/2024

 

No comments: