Search

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Dating Your Hometown?

 


When 'finding' this post (again), I was wondering, "Oh, what did I write there?" lol. I have become so forgetful lately. Haha … Then I talked to myself, "isn't it quite nice to date my hometown, Semarang?"

 

When thinking about that, on facebook I saw a post of a young pianist who played one old song, "Bengawan Solo" so beautifully. He was on a stage and there were many other people there, showing that it was a part of an orchestra performance. This reminded me of Carrie's watching an orchestra in the episode 'Anchors Away'. However, I am not sure if I ever saw Carrie watching movies in the cinema alone in the serials.

 


I have one good friend who really loves watching movies in the cinema. For that, she doesn't mind going to the cinema by herself to watch movies. On the contrary, I am not that into watching movies in the cinema. (I don't mind watching movies in my laptop, lol.) I am not that fond of watching orchestra or music concert either.

 

So? If I want to do what Carrie did in the episode 'Anchors Away', what can I do to date my hometown? Is Semarang interesting enough to date? Lol.

 

I can go to cafes by myself, sitting in one corner, enjoying my coffee while reading books, or scribbling something on my laptop. I also can go to restaurants and have meals by myself. In the past, I sometimes went window-shopping to malls by myself too, although recently I never do it anymore. (it is not my cup of tea.)

 


 

Can going to the swimming pool be considered dating our hometown too? Lol. If that is so, I quite often do it recently. Btw, I was very busy last 3 months in 2023 (October - December) so that I even could not spare my time to go swimming. And the busy schedules for teaching during those 3 months, in fact, made me reluctant to go biking on Sunday morning. My bad. :( I never thought that one day the time would come when I am lazy to go out biking. Hahahahah …

 

Usually when Ranz has spare time on Fridays, she will come to Semarang, 'only' to have chitchat with me for some hours. Her favorite place to hang out is Kota Lama. Sometimes we go to Marina beach. You know, she has become 'like' me: love visiting beaches. If we do this, it means both of us date Semarang together: we play 'threesome'! Hahahahah …

 

How about visiting museums? Well, there are some museums in Semarang. We have visited them all for sure.

 


There are 2 'things' that Surakarta has but Semarang doesn't. First, Taman Balekambang. Since the first time I visited this place in 2011, I have dreamed of having such a place in Semarang. This is an open space where people can have any kind of activities, people can visit it for free, we just need to pay the parking fee. It is very spacious, there are many trees and benches where visitors can sit and have chitchat with their friends or family. Second, Lana Café, this is a library café where visitors can spend hours reading books -- without feeling 'guilty' to stay there for hours with only ordering a cup of coffee.

 

Or perhaps in fact I do not really know my own hometown?

 

MS48 20.27 16.01.2024

 

P. S.:

In fact, I realize that the older I am the more I realize that I belong to the homebody type. It means I would rather stay home than go outside to date my hometown. 😋😜

 

No comments: