Search

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Indonesia - Inggris

 


“Do you realize how relieving it is to have a scapegoat in our life?”

I found the interesting article with the similar title with the title of the post at www.superkoran.info This is not because I want to promote this online newspaper in my blogs, (after the owner posted my two articles there) NO, LOL, but because when reading the article there, I suddenly remember my own recent habit of using the two languages in my writing. LOL. I was about to leave a comment in that article, but due to my internet illiterate, I was confused how to leave a comment there. LOL. 


(You know what? Even my Abang who is an expert in computer and internet didn’t know how to leave a comment in my blogs some months ago. LOL. He didn’t know either how to leave a comment in the shoutbox. Hahahaha … So, can we say that he is not fully computer and internet literate expert? Wakakakaka …) 


Well, in fact he is also the SCAPEGOAT that has made me use the mixture of Bahasa and English in one writing. Aha … LOL. I am so excited thinking of writing this short article, you know. Hahahaha …
Before he ‘came’ into my life, I was somewhat strict in using what language to use in writing one email/article. Even, when writing emails to my good friends who speak both languages well, I usually want to focus only on one language—mostly English. In writing my articles for blogs, of course I choose to use English, since my first love for blogging is to my blog at http://afemaleguest.blog.co.uk where most visitors speak English. 


The first time I started sending personal emails to my Abang of course I wrote them in English. However, he often replied in both languages, Bahasa and English. Some friends in the mailing lists I join who live abroad said that they were tired to speak English all the time so that they choose to interact in the mailing lists using English. This happens too to my Abang. 


Gradually I was infected by him. LOL. I started mixing the use of the two languages. One day when I accused him for infecting that ‘contagious disease’ to me, simply he said, “Habis enak sih!!” (“It is yummy!!”) wakakakaka … 


Since then on, I recognized that I started to write my articles for blogs in Bahasa, not only in English. Nah lo!!! LOL. However, after I decided to be more serious in blogging and registered my blog at http://afeministblog.blogspot.com at google adsense, I started to write more in English again.
But to write emails to my Abang, of course I still use both languages. 


LL 16.08 220507

No comments: