Search

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ethnicity, religiosity, ...

I have been bothered with these two things--ethnicity and religiosity--recently due to an "accident" I had to undergo. I am somewhat bored to try writing about these, actually, since I suppose I have written some articles on these in my blogs.
Some days ago I got a reply from a good friend of mine that is still trying to know internet in order that she is not labeled as "internet illiterate"; her reply commented on my email to her about these two things; and for your information, her reply shocked me a bit. Instead of feeling attentive to my problem, she even justified what my superior has done to me--discrimination based on ethnicity and religiosity. "Those people have been discriminated during their whole life. And in some extent, that's the way they try to survive among their own "community". Do you agree if I say that it is the same as TAKING REVENGE? And taking revenge will never ever overcome problems. It will even create more grudge, annoyance, and sort of things. Consequently, it will create a social disease that is like a cycle, that will never stop.
When will the life really bring peace to everybody?
Should I say that one natural law is that discrimination--be it due to ethnicity, and religiosity, or in any other form such as gender--will always exist? Is it natural law that people will always have grudge to other people? Is it natural law that people love fighting, trying to conquer others to show their superiority?
SIGH ...
JDC 10.10 181006

No comments: