Search

Friday, March 20, 2009

Narcissistic

Nowadays, who will NOT admit that 'narcissistic' is their middle name? Absolutely I am one of those who honestly say that 'narcissistic is my middle name. One very obvious 'proof' is my blogs scattered everywhere.
That is why I was very proud of myself when Fatih Syuhud selected my blog as TOP TEN BLOGGERS 2008 by the end of year 2008. Now and again I visited his site announcing it, to read some comments people have left. Well, in case there are some people disagreed with Fatih's selection. So far, no one complained about my blog. However, just today I found hs site explaining to people some requirements bloggers should fulfill if they want their blogs to be selected to be TOP TEN BLOGGERS.
Here are some requirements Fatih wrote:

http://fatihsyuhud.com/top-blogger-indonesia-of-week/

List of Blogger Indonesia of the Week, Blogger Indonesia of the Year and the requirements to get reviewed.

I make a blogger of the week (BOW)’s feature as a way to encourage, appreciate and promote Indonesian bloggers who blog in English. After several months I run this feature, it got attention from blog-indonesia.com–the largest Indonesia blog directory–who offers me to put the feature in its sidebar which I gladfully accepted. Thus, once your blog gets reviewed here, your blog will be promoted not only in this blog, but also in blog-indonesia.com. Thanks to its founder, W.M.

The requirement to get reviewed is simple: (a) Your blog is written in English; (b) The blogger is using original name or so it seems; pseudonym or ghostname blogger will not be considered unless for specific reasons; (c) Blogging frequently; (d) The content is original and not commercial (blog about career, vacancy (lowongan kerja), scholarship (beasiswa), etc won’t be included).

Each year, I also award the Top Ten Blogger of the Year for English-speaking Indonesian blogger whose blogs I already reviewed as Blogger Indonesia of the Week. The main criteria being not only the quality content of the blog, but more particularly, the influence and sort of leadership on-and-off-line the bloggers in question carry.

So, if you are an Indonesian and have an English-speaking blog and you feel it fits the above criteria, it’d be of great help if you put your blog URL address in the comment box below along with a brief intro. In the next few weeks, it could be your blog turn to be reviewed. Keep blogging, writing and sharing your precious thoughts.

So? If you want to follow my step, ehem, try your best!

By the way, I remember my Abang's question when he found me as TOP TEN BLOGGERS: "Who is Fatih Syuhud, Nana? I have never heard you mention his name yet!" (Aha ... my Abang suspected me to have a special relationship with Fatih! LOL.)

I do not personally know Fatih. He found my blog, reviewed the contents, and then chose me as BLOGGER OF THE WEEK. So? No nepotism here, of course.

Let us go blogging, everyone!

SPB 11.22 200309

No comments: