Search

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Celebrating Lebaran

"Celebrating Lebaran, sista?" an online buddy asked me last night in a chatbox.

Frankly speaking, I didn't directly get what he asked. That's why I asked him back, "How to celebrate Lebaran?"

He replied, "Well ... celebrating our victory after Ramadhan month."

I asked, "That's my question. What do you think people do to celebrate victory after Ramadhan month?

I sonded exactly like a woman-suffering from PMS, did I? Indeed. LOL.

He said, "Well, by visiting your relatives, friends to ask for forgiveness as well as for 'silaturrahmi'."

I responded, "Should we wait for Lebaran occasion only to do those things?"

He laughed.

***** ***** *****

How do you define 'celebrating Lebaran'?

When I was a little, I believe I could answer such a typical and 'easy' question by mentioning things such as getting new clothes from parents, getting 'angpau' from parents or neigbors, then parents took us to some places for fun, such as the zoo, or other entertainment parks, etc.

But in this 'adult era'?

I can buy any new clothes any time I can spare some money.

I did get annual bonus from work but since Lebaran always needed more money to spend, it was just somewhat 'balance'. :) (Or you wanna scold me as someone ungrateful? :-P)

No longer interested to visit thoe entertainment parks. (Oh, Angie is big already!)

And ... visiting relatives or friends can be done anytime we have spare time, no need to wait for Lebaran occasion. And as I wrote in my note "MUDIK atau MULIH", my nuclear family does not have tradition to go back to (my parents' hometown in Gorontalo), this Lebaran is not different from any other Lebaran, we just sent greetings via sms, or facebook now. :)
opor ayam
My dearest Mommy did cook some opor, ketupat, and sambel goreng ati (and for her children, her opor and sambel goreng ati are the best ever!), but sometimes she also does that in some other occasions. :)

And you know ... I am JUST riding an emotional roller coaster nearing PMS. LOL. That's why I sounded so annoying, instead of being friendly. (I am 'sadly' in fact not really a friendly creature!)

PT56 08.21 140910

No comments: