Search

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Biking in my life

the pic was taken in November 2008, at Maron beach

 

Biking has become a part of my life since July 2008, the time when I joined b2w Semarang community. As far as I remember, I did not really enjoy biking when I was a little, though my dear dad bought me one bike when I was on the fourth grade of elementary school, as a birthday gift. I played to bike around the neighborhood to have fun, to ‘wander’ a bit far from my dwelling place, since my mom did not let the children play far.

 
When attending the first meeting of b2w Semarang, in fact I wanted to refuse the ‘honor’ given to me as the secretary of the ‘organization’ since I realized my aloof character and sometimes a bit awkward with new people. Besides, I did not have much spare time, I was not sure if I would be able to do the responsibilities of a secretary, and I was not sure either if I would be willing to join the biking activities, to leave my ‘little and quiet’ world on Sunday: computer, books, and coffee. I was of opinion that seclusion and writing for blogs would relieve my more than biking around together, or just hanging out together the other members.
But in fact I did not really have a heart to say ‘NO’ when the other members of the ‘organization’ appointed me as the secretary. Besides writing is my cup of tea. Challenge to write what I see and undergo during the meeting or any other activities made me accept the offer. Getting more friends and being more sociable in fact make me think ‘here are my big family’. Ehem...


And biking has become one way to relieve stress, especially due to not having time to do some exercises caused by my hectic schedule for working. I was somewhat exercise freak before I buried myself under my job responsibilities. So it is understandable then if I get a bit depressed because I don’t get enough time to do exercise.

 
LL Tbl 13.30 210209

No comments: