Search

Thursday, February 16, 2012

How well do you remember someone's face?

When I was working for one uni in Semarang, I used to sometimes have lunch in one simple food stall located not far from the uni. It sells some 'penyetan'. 'Penyet' means anything you eat -- perhaps fried chicken, fried egg, fried tempeh or fried tofu -- will be squeezed with 'sambel' or chilli sauce.

ayam penyet :)


I quit from that uni in October 2006. I don't think I ever went to that food stall again after that although the location is not far from the English Course I have been working since 1996.

This afternoon after going home from the school where I have been working since 2008, on the way to go to the English Course, suddenly I wanted to drop by. So I did.

Before entering the food stall, I saw two familiar faces outside of the stall. Ah, in fact they were the husband and wife who have the stall (so I thought). The wife looked into my face with disbelief look, She greeted me,

"Hey mbak, long time no see. It has been quite some time you didn't drop by here, right?"

I was dumbfounded. They, in fact, still remembered me! :)

After I finished having my meal -- not clear whether I can call it my second lunch or too early dinner -- I paid. The husband asked, "Why didn't you drop by for a long time? Did you move?"

Aha ... he could read it very well.

PT28 18.06 160212

No comments: