Search

Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Perfect Daughter?

Have you ever been in a situation that made you HAVE TO make up a (white) lie in order that your parents will think you are a perfect kid? A perfect daughter?

I have been living in such a situation since a kid, so long time ago that I forgot when I started doing it. Feeling worried to be scolded or blamed – or worse is worry to hurt your parent’s feeling (or ego?) – has made me a liar.

(I realize now why in one personality quiz I did some time ago I got ‘introvert’ result. Despite the fact I talked a lot about my life to other people – my parents included for sure – in my daily life or via online, I keep some (perhaps very crucial not to mention embarrassing in my opinion) things for myself.)

One very easily guessable example when I was a teenager is to have a crush on a boy, moreover to have a date with him. My parents knew nothing about this kind of stuff of course.

The latest issue was when I started somewhat converting to being an agnostic. For this very extremely crucial topic, I would never open myself to my Mom. Instead of guessing and predicting whether she would ever understand my way of thinking or she would make me go away from her life that perhaps would break her heart – maybe in her eyes i choose to be in hell rather than to be with her in heaven – I choose to tell white lies. I dunno until when I have to do this.

I know I would never live my own life. This is the risk I have to live by.

Would you completely blame me for being such a coward?

From this life lesson, for sure, I choose to raise my only daughter with a very different way. She can always be in flaw in everything, but still she is my dearest and beloved daughter. She has NEVER to act as a perfect one by telling me white lies.

GL7 13.37 24/01/12

P.S.:

Or I defined 'white lies' wrongly'; :'(

Some comments I imported from next door

onit wrote on Jan 27
oh yes, i have. really. this is quite familiar to me.

a lot of people endure this. not to be called a coward. it really depends on the very specific relationship between the person & their mother, and also what kind of person the mother is (personality issues).

in my case, it's all said & done. because the mother started it first. will pm u later about this :) [kerja dulu yah ^^]
afemaleguest wrote on Jan 27
onit said
oh yes, i have. really. this is quite familiar to me.

a lot of people endure this. not to be called a coward. it really depends on the very specific relationship between the person & their mother, and also what kind of person the mother is (personality issues).

in my case, it's all said & done. because the mother started it first. will pm u later about this :) [kerja dulu yah ^^]
thank you for your attention Onit ...
enjoy your work :)
onit wrote on Jan 27
She can always be in flaw in everything, but still she is my dearest and beloved daughter.
great! this is a very important point in raising a child. anyone needs at least 1 person who can accept them whoever they are. only 1 person is enough to make someone a whole human being.

the truth is.. too many partial human beings in the world just because their parents didn't do like you do to your daughter..

No comments: