Search

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cousin ...


 

Since a cousin 'found' me online around one and a half years ago, via my blog at http://afeministblog.blogspot.com , and I found his message a year after that, , more cousin have found me.


Wow, this internet is really awesome.


Well, for those who know the history of my family will understand why this thing is awesome. My parents move to Semarang--from their hometown in Gorontalo, North Sulawesi--five days after their wedding day. They have never left Semarang ever since. It is understandable, then, if all of their children were born in Semarang. All of us grew up in Semarang, and now only my elder brother lives in Cirebon. The others stay in Semarang.


When I was in elementary school, there was a cousing studying in Gontor Islamic boarding school, Ponorogo. He always visited Semarang during Ramadhan break, including celebrating Idul Fitri together with my family. That's why I know him well. Not really well, but of course much better than the other cousins, that I met only when my family visited Gorontalo in 1977. I call him Kak Ramiez.
Someone named A. Fatih Syuhud made my blog more popular by featuring my blog at
http://fatihsyuhud.com/2007/09/07/blogger-indonesia-of-the-week-40-nana-podungge/

 
I must thank him, I suppose, since I 'suspect' that page has made my page rank of that blog of mine increased. And that made some cousins find me online. They asked Kak Ramiez, and kak Ramiez said, "Yup, that's Nana Podungge from Semarang, our cousin born and living in Semarang. Her mother is our auntie."


Internet is indeed the most wonderful invention so far.

C-Net 16.01 281208

No comments: