Search

Monday, November 24, 2008

My sixth sense? LOL

Last week, I felt restless as well as anxious the whole week, without any clear reason. I was somewhat fed up with my routine: wake up at 4.30, start doing my morning chores, take a shower, have breakfast, then take Angie to school at around 06.10. From there, I directly go to my office. In one day, I usually teach four or five slots, and sometimes have to supervise students in the library during their library hours. I leave the office around 15.00; mostly I go home afterwards. At home, I take a shower, change clothes, then go to my other office: I have one class at 17.00-19.00. Sometimes a workmate asks my help to substitute him/her at 19.00-21.00 and I usually don’t have a heart to say ‘no’ forgetting that maybe my physical strength does not support; not to mention my only daughter needs to spend time with me that I have only in the night (plus in the early morning, before I take her to school). This is my schedule from Monday till Thursday. On Friday from the office at 15.00, I go to my other office that is located in Tembalang, a hilly area, to teach at 16.00-18.00. Then I go home. At home, every Friday evening there is ‘pengajian’ (reciting Alquran together) held by my dear mom for our neighbors so that automatically I cannot directly take a rest. On Saturday, I have classes at 08.00-12.00 then at 16.00-18.00. Sometimes at 14.00-16.00 I substitute a workmate who has to leave his/her class due to something important.
Last week, oftentimes when I was sitting in the teachers’ room before the other teachers came (because I always came earlier than the others), I felt I wanted to be alone there the whole day so that I could do anything I wanted; such as singing loudly while listening to media player, or putting my head on the desk while I was attacked by sleepiness, reading books since I was somewhat bored to read the teaching materials (haha …), writing poems, etc. I cannot do all those things since my workmates would find me weird, or maybe they would think, “Hey … you are here to work, not to read books or write poems!” LOL.
This boredom really bothered my mind, I suppose, so that I wrote some lonely and sad poems. (Especially on eighteenth, reading the three sad poems I posted at MP blog, my Abang messaged me, “kok puisinya sedih melulu?”)
Besides blaming my boredom to my daily routine, I also tried to look for another ‘scapegoat’ (LOL): someone was missing me badly! LOL. (FYI, some time in the past, when I was missing someone badly, I liked to do ‘telepathy’ on him, to tell him that I was missing him. When I focused strongly, I often could ‘move’ his heart, and then he contacted me. WOW. LOL.) Or, I became the ‘topic’ to talk about by some people. My ‘sixth sense’ told me. LOL. Only, I didn’t have any idea who and why they were talking about me. What kind of trouble or problem have I caused in their life?
And …
I found my sixth sense was true!!!
W-O-W!!!
Last Saturday, around twenty minutes before I finished teaching my class, I got a short message from a b2w friend, inviting me to attend a so-called farewell party of a member who is going to go to Qatar to work. I was suddenly full of spirit, although before that, I was so exhausted, wanted to go home soon, to go to bed early! Being with my dear b2w friends is mostly my favorite pastime. Besides, I also wanted to directly say goodbye to Tyo, the one who would move to Qatar, and shake his hand.
From the office, I went home first, to take a shower and change clothes. Since the place where the farewell party was held not far from my home, I decided to go there by bike. In most gatherings with my b2w friends, I come by bike.
In the middle of the moody atmosphere in the gathering, since Tyo was about to leave us for at least two years, I got a surprise! My friends secretly planned to give me a bike, as a reward since I was selected to be one good example to bike to work. They had been planning it for more than a week for the surprise! N-A-H!!! I proved that my sixth sense was true: a group of people were talking about me.
For the surprise, I would write another article, in Bahasa Indonesia.
PT56 22.10 231108

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what does b2w mean??

Nana Podungge said...

Dear John,
I very rarely open this blog of mine, to check whether there is a comment or not. So, I do apologize if just now I found it, on March 23, 2009. :)
Perhaps by now you already know what b2w stands for: BIKE TO WORK. :)