Search

Friday, June 14, 2024

The Grass is Greener on the Other Side of the Fence

 


"Why does a woman of our age, especially those who have been married before, need to bother herself to join such matchmaking application only to look for a date? Are you kidding me?"

 

An acquaintance said this when she and I were hanging out together, she didn't say this to me, but to someone on the phone.

 

*****

 

On facebook, I had a friend who was once married for 24 years. She needed 24 years to get full courage to divorce her (ex) husband who -- she claimed -- didn't treat her well during their marriage. Nevertheless, on her wall, she openly states that she still believes in love and marriage. She is still looking forward to a time when she will meet a Mr. Right.

 

When someone writes a comment on her status, "My husband passed away many years ago. I have been single since then. However, I am happy with this situation. I no longer need a spouse. It is enough for me to have a good memory of my marriage with my late husband. He was such a good husband." this facebook friend of mine responded, "It is good for you. And I am happy for you. But I have never experienced happy marriage before, and I believe I deserve to get that. That's why I still want to get married again."

 

However, I don't know whether this facebook friend needs to join any matchmaking application -- such as tinder -- or she just goes with the flow of her life.

 

*****

 

One workmate of mine has an assistant, a woman who has been divorced. This woman uniquely still sometimes stays with her ex, when she visits the town where her children live. Her children live with her ex-husband. And she still gets monthly allowance from her ex.

 

"What kind of life is more exciting than that? A woman who still gets enough monthly allowance from her ex, and she doesn't need to 'serve' that man! Many other women want that kind of life, I believe." said one loved of mine.

 

But that woman still has a boyfriend whom she met on facebook for the first time. Plus her boyfriend lives in a different city from her that makes her need to come to the boyfriend's city when they want to meet in person. It means that her life is not enough exciting, don't you think? I am of opinion that if she and her boyfriend are really serious to tie the knot one day, the woman's ex-husband will no longer give her monthly allowance.

 

*****

 

Everyone has different preference in this life. No one has better preference than the other, I presume. Let people make choices. No need to envy others. No need to feel insecure with what other people think.

 

And I choose to write this for my blog and give it a title 'THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE' one quite old saying.

 

MS48 17.03 14/06/2024

 

No comments: