Search

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

LIA BOOTCAMP 2024

 


So, after 27 years (in 1997 I was assigned by LIA to attend a LIA seminar with some colleagues) I finally got another assignment to go to one LIA branch in Jakarta to attend a kinda training called LIA BOOTCAMP. This time, there are 3 programs of training offered: one is how to teach GEYL or General English for Young Learners, another one is how to teach TOEFL Preparation class interactively, and the last one is how to teach CVB a.k.a Conversation for Business class. For GEYL the training takes 5 days fully, while for the other two programs, each needs 2.5 days. I attend the training for CVB and TP. Yuli, a workmate, joins the GEYL training.

We left for Jakarta on Sunday 23 June 2024 by train, SEMB**NI. Angie took me to the railway station. Yuli and I got the compartment number 6, while our seats are 4C and 4D. Yuli let me choose to sit near the window or near the isle. My favorite is sitting next to the window. I will give it to someone else if the other one is Angie. haha ... The train left Tawang railway station at 11.17 and we arrived at Gambir railway station at 16.30, 5 minutes earlier than the time predicted.

From Gambir station, we walked out of the station area. Outside Gambir station is located Monas. There were many people outside the Monas area. We both walked until (I don't know the name of the road) we arrived one area across from Kementrian Dalam Negeri. Gosh, I really felt so 'ndeso' you know. lol. From there, I ordered an online taxi to reach the hotel where I would stay for 5 nights: Amaris Pancoran. The traffic was not bad, we just had to pass by a railway where at that time there were 3 trains passing one after another. 

We arrived at the hotel around 17.45. And apparently Yuli was a kinda person who didn't have any idea to go out to enjoy the city. So? we both stayed in the hotel. Luckily we both have the same 'routine': we usually don't need to eat dinner. ha ha ...

To be continued.

Amaris Pancoran 06.25 25/06/2024

No comments: